2nd - 5th November 2018
A writing and running retreat
with Adharanand Finn and Richard Askwith
We’re pleased to announce an exciting new collaboration: a writing and running retreat with two of the UK’s best-loved running authors: Adharanand Finn and Richard Askwith.
Together they’ll hold workshops to help you develop your writing skills, and talks on how to get published. As well as being bestselling authors, Adharanand is a journalist at the Guardian, while Richard was associate editor of the Independent for 15 years.
This is a unique opportunity for anyone who loves writing and running, from diarists to bloggers, and aspiring or working journalists and authors.
As well as writing workshops and talks, we’ll go out for (optional) runs in one of the most rugged and wild landscapes in England. Although conditions can be challenging in November, nothing stokes the creative fires like being blown about in the wind and rain for a few hours, while we’ll have cosy logs fires, cups of tea and great company waiting for us back at the house.
Adharanand is the author of Running with the Kenyans and The Way of the Runner, while Richard has authored Feet in the Clouds, Running Free and Zatopek: Today We Die A Little. Both authors have been shortlisted for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year award (the biggest prize in sports writing) and both were named Best New Writer at the British Sports Book awards. They regularly speak at literary festivals and conferences around the world, so we are thrilled to have their undivided attention for this special weekend.
The cost of the camp includes:
• three nights accommodation (Fri, Sat and Sun) in a beautiful, secluded manor house in the heart of Dartmoor, not far from the ancient village of Widdecombe-on-the-Moor
• all food, home cooked by our wonderful chef Charlotte Etridge (who is also our massage therapist!)
• a series of practical writing sessions, discussions and feedback on your own work
• talks on writing, how to get published and promote yourself across all formats
• lots of opportunities to join Adharanand and Richard on wild runs
The cost doesn't include:
• transport to and from the camp
• optional sports massage
• a pub supper on Sunday night – for those who choose to stay on, we will eat out in the local award-winning pub The Rugglestone Inn.
Sharing a twin room: £490 per person
Double room for 1 person: £580
Double room with en suite for 1 person: £630
Couple sharing a double room: £470 per person
Couple sharing a double room with en suite: £490 per person
(Space is limited and rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis)
For more information or to book a place contact us here