17th - 20th May 2019
A running retreat with
Adharanand Finn & friends
Join us on a weekend running retreat in the heart of Dartmoor, a chance to improve your running, to get off the roads and get out into the wild ruggedness of the moor.
The retreat is being lead by Adharanand Finn, the author of two critically acclaimed books, Running with the Kenyans and The Way of the Runner. Adharanand went to live in Kenya and Japan to learn the secrets of the great runners from those two nations, and this is a chance for you to spend the weekend with him and to personally grill him on everything he has learnt along the way.
Adharanand will be joined on the camp by performance and fitness maestro Joe Kelly who features in Adharanand’s books and has helped him achieve around 20 personal best times (PBs) since the pair met and started working together a few short years ago. Joe’s area is natural movement and core fitness, and as well as group classes during the retreat he can work with guests individually to fix any kinks or niggles. A massage therapist will be on site and can be booked to rejuvenate tired legs.
Our guide on the moor will be former international runner and qualified guide Ceri Rees. We can accommodate a wide range of speeds - from those looking to break 2:30 for the marathon, to those working through the Couch to 5K. In fact, if you don’t want to run, but just want to join us in the wilds of Dartmoor, chat running by the fire and enjoy wonderful home-cooked food, that’s fine too.
The cost of the camp includes:
• three nights accommodation (Fri, Sat and Sun) in a beautiful, secluded manor house in the heart of Dartmoor, not far from the ancient village of Widdecombe-on-the-Moor
• all food, home cooked by our wonderful chef Charlotte Etridge (who is also our massage therapist!)
• up to four guided runs (or fewer if you want) of varying lengths
• a talk on the training techniques of the top Kenyan and Japanese runners, as well as plenty of chances to ask questions
• an introduction to training techniques such as barefoot running, as well as practical sessions on downhill and uphill trail running
• core classes with Joe where the emphasis is on play and on learning exercises you can take away and do at home
• a personal consultation with Joe, who uses a range of techniques to improve your function and form, including Anatomy in Motion and Be-Activated muscle activation.
The cost doesn't include:
• transport to and from the camp
• optional sports massage
• a pub supper on Sunday night – for those who choose to stay on, we will eat out in the local award-winning pub The Rugglestone Inn.
Sharing a twin room: £520 per person
Double room for one person: £620 (or £660 with en suite)
Couple sharing a double room: £470 per person (or £490 pp with en suite)
(Space is limited and rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis)
For more information or to book a place contact us here